It's metadata for middleware (and vice versa):
* Transparent access to distributed resources
* Data discovery and query optimization
* Distributed processing and virtual archives
But it's not just for science! It's also a software architecture:
* Models for information representation
* Solutions to knowledge capture problems
* Unification of technology, data, and metadata
The secret to a healthy Business Intelligence (BI) environment is to ensure it remains relevant.
To remain relevant, and continue to be fully utilized, a BI tool must evolve with a companies reporting and analytics needs and the company itself.
But how do you achieve this I hear you inquire?
It’s like maintaining a vintage car – just give it some judicious TLC.
So, here are nine ways to keep your BI environment humming, its body sparkling, and interior permeating that new car smell, to ensure it’s every bit as usable and desirable as the first day it hit the road.